5th-8th weeks

-I relaxed in oxford for all of fifth week. Looking back, this is when I began to develop a terrible sleep schedule: staying up until 4-5 AM, sleeping for a few hours, waking up for class, and then going back to sleep after class. I am such a night owl…it is sooo much easier for me to stay up late than get up early. Towards the beginning of the week, eight rhodies, including myself, managed to convince the Rhodes House Porter (Bob) to join us in a small weekly poker tournament at Rhodes house. We played for the last 4 weeks of term and I managed to get lucky enough to win twice ☺.
-Sixth week I did some major catching up on my schoolwork. After having observed how crude my Punjabi skills were in relation to many of my Punjabi friends here, I decided started to (re)-learn how to read and write Punjabi. I enlisted Saheb, a graduate student studying South Asia, as my tutor and have been slowly making progress. On the weekend I went to London to celebrate Diwali at Amia’s house (a U.S. Rhodes Scholar whose family lives in London) and visited the British museum with Alp, a friend from Harvard who was in London for work.
-7th week was highlighted by yet another trip to London, this time for a big Thanksgiving dinner party at the Hayden’s house. On the weekend I attended the Diwali Ball back in Oxford. The food was terrible, but the fireworks show and live Bhangra singers more than made up for it! I woke up sore the next day from dancing so much (and because I am fat and out of shape, haha).
-8th week was a hectic mix of catching up with friends before they left for break and preparing for my December travel plans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to start reading your blog now. No pressure but I expect lots of action and adventure. Now that you know my expectations, get cracking!


:)

PS: I am still mulling over your proposition. Stay well.