Hilary Term

Weeks 1-4
-I had a wonderful time over break, but I had to pay my dues when I came back. With an examination and term project due at the end of second week, I didn't see daylight for the first two weeks of Hilary term. I locked myself in my room and taught myself an entire term of Statistical Mechanics and Quantum Mechanics. (How well I taught myself….that is a different story in of itself ;) ).
-At the beginning of third week I found out I passed my exam and project...yay! I had become so immersed that it took me all of third week to "resettle" myself (I did 5 loads of laundry in one day) and most of third and fourth weeks to catch up with friends. I am soooo terrible at multi-tasking sometimes…especially with looming deadlines.
-On Sunday evening of fourth week Sol (a friend from Harvard who is currently studying in Paris) gchatted me asking if I wanted to go somewhere. We ended up deciding to go to Amsterdam for the weekend which was a blast!
Amsterdam

Weeks 5-8
-Fifth week I don't think I really did anything other than sleep, eat, and chill.
-C.R., his parents, and his girlfriend visited 6th week. We had an absolute blast in London! We saw Cirque de Soleil, visited Kensington Palace, and took a trip out to Hampton Court Palace (where Mr. Sincock scored us a tour with what appeared to be the resident Lord!).
-I visited relatives most of 7th week, and 8th week was much like the final week of trinity term...it consisted of studying for my exam and preparing for my travels.
The Sincocks Visit






No comments: